The results of the People's RET Review are in!
Over 5000 Australians voted and overwhelmingly they wanted the Renewable Energy Target to be more ambitious:
- 93 per cent of respondents want a higher 2020 Renewable Energy Target
- 98 per cent want to see our renewable energy industry continue to grow with a 2030 target
- 92 per cent want at least 50 per cent of Australia’s energy to come from renewable sources by 2030
- Only 1 per cent of respondents agree with the call of big energy companies, such as Origin Energy and TRUenergy (Energy Australia), to cut the 2020 target.
- 91% of the 2480 customers of Origin Energy and Energy Australia who completed the survey indicated they would consider switching retailers to one that genuinely supported renewable energy.
You can see the full results here