Research and admin intern
Solar Scorecard project
Internship period: 2-3 days per week mid June to end of Sept 2013
Location: Flexible. Office location in Ultimo, Sydney but internship could be supervised online.
Remuneration: volunteer role
100% Renewable is Australia’s leading national community organizing campaign for renewable energy. Working with local communities around Australia we build public and political support and win campaigns to move our country towards a renewable energy future.
In 2013 we will be running a national campaign to ensure all political parties get behind renewable energy at the federal election. To support this campaign we have built an online ‘Solar Scorecard’. This scorecard outlines the position and record of all federal lower house politicians on a range of renewable energy criteria. The Scorecard will help provide the public with clear and transparent information to show which politicians are and are not supporting renewable energy in Australia.
Between June and September we will be adding information about the key candidates contesting each seat and providing resources and support to community groups using the scorecard tool to influence election outcomes in electorates around Australia.
We are seeking a highly motivated and passionate individual to oversee the collation of additional information about politicians and candidates and help to maintain the Solar Scorecard from its launch in early June to the Federal election in September.
Responsibilities of the Research and Admin Intern will include:
Research to determine federal election candidates’ positions on a range of renewable energy criteria via:
- Online and media searches
- Communication and liaison with local community groups
- Communication and liaison with politicians offices (where appropriate)
- Collating and entering data on politicians and candidates positions in the online scorecard
- Liaising with web developers and 100% Renewable team
The role requires the following skills and capabilities:
- Digital and computer savvy – with ability to quickly learn new online tools
- Research experience with initiative and self-motivation
- Highly organized, thorough and with attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in and knowledge of the Australian political system and renewable energy policy
The intern will report to the Community Organising Manager.
This is an ideal opportunity for anyone interested in increasing their skills, networks or knowledge in renewable energy policy and politics, campaigning or online communication.
To apply for this internship please email Taegen Edwards on taegen100percent [dot] com [dot] au, with a short note outlining why you are interested in the internship, what you would bring to the role and your resume.
Any questions call Taegen on 0438 787 026.
Applications open 6 June 2012. Position will be filled upon finding an appropriate applicant so apply ASAP!