Whisperings from Canberra have told us head of the Clean Energy Finance Corporation is shortly to be announced.
Yet the legislation that will establish this body (and the new renewable energy agency ARENA) to oversee the $10billion of renewable funding haven't been included in the draft Clean Energy Future (carbon price) package.
Labor has said that that part of the carbon price legislation will be put to parliament NEXT year.
Are you worried about that? We sure are!
The sooner it’s nailed down in law the better….and there is no reason why the BEST part of the carbon price package shouldn’t be legislated NOW along with all the bits that compensate the big polluters.
So let’s get it enacted in this spring session!
There's a few simple steps:
Step 1: Can you ring or email your Labor MP and let them know that you want renewable energy and you want it NOW. Make sure you CC in the members of multiparty climate change committee.
Step 2: Follow your email up with a quick phone call explaining why you have written your email.
Use this page to find the email address and phone number of your House of Representatives Labor MP and Labor Senators.
Some ideas for what you might say when you email:
1: Who you are and congratulations
- Congratulations on the difficult and hard work of putting together a package to price carbon pollution.
- I and members of my group (if relevant - good to mention number of members) are very supportive of the renewable energy elements of the package.
- We know that renewable energy has high levels of public support, so the renewable energy aspects of the carbon price help us get others in our community more excited about it
2: Legislating the renewables parts NOW
- We are concerned about the delays to the legislative process for the renewable energy elements (the most popular part!) of the package, and we want the legislation that established the Clean Energy Finance Corporation (CEFC) and the Australian Renewable Energy Authority (ARENA) to be enacted along with the rest of the carbon price package this spring session.
- We are worried that the Minister responsible for this legislation is Martin Ferguson, and we all know that he is no supporter of renewable energy.
- There is no reason why the BEST part of the carbon price package shouldn’t be legislated NOW along with all the bits that compensate the big polluters, and we want you to include CEFC and ARENA establishment in the package of legislation NOW.